The expiration date on my Stowe Trail permit was today’s date, so I drove out this morning to get a new one, this being the 3rd time. Much to my surprise, they had the new permit ready in 15 minutes, meaning the 10+ day wait period is now a thing of the past.
A few things:
- You still need to fill out the application form and waiver, no matter if you currently have a permit. Go here to get the documents (print and fill them out) and have them ready upon arrival to Miramar: https://www.miramar.marines.mil/Resources/StoweTrail/
- I had my passport, but still had to fill in the Social Security number and Driver’s License info on the application form;
- I waited while they did the background check;
- After 5 minutes or so, I was called up for a new photo;
- Another 5 minutes or so and I was out the door with my new 1-year Stowe Trail permit;
- It’s still FREE (no $ needed).
Super easy. Go get a permit and go ride!